- *Whitley, A.E., Figlus, J., Valsamidis, A., and Reeve, D.E. (2021). One-line modeling of mega-nourishment evolution. Journal of Coastal Research (accepted).
- Figlus, J., Song, Y.-K., Maglio, C.K., Friend, P.L., Poleykett, J., Engel, F.L., Schnoeblen, D., and Boburka, K. (2021). Particle tracer analysis for submerged berm placement of dredged material near South Padre Island, Texas. Journal of Dredging, 19/1: 14-30.
Valsamidis, A., Figlus, J., Ritt, B., and Reeve, D. E. (2021). Modelling the morphodynamic evolution of Galveston beach, Gulf of Mexico, following Hurricane Ike in 2008. Continental Shelf Research, 104373. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csr.2021.104373
*Anarde, K., Cheng, W., Tissier, M., Figlus, J., and Horrillo, J. (2021). Meteotsunamis accompanying tropical cyclone rainbands during Hurricane Harvey. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 126/1, e2020JC016347. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JC016347
- *Anarde, K., Figlus, J., Sous, D., Tissier, A.M. (2020). Transformation of infragravity waves during hurricane overwash. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8, 545.
- Huff, T., Feagin, R., and Figlus, J. (2020). Enhanced Tide Model: Improving tidal predictions with integration of wind data. Shore & Beach, 88/2: 40–45.
- Briggs, T. M. R., Figlus, J., Torres-Freyermuth, A., Puleo, J. A., Warren, W., and *Alrushaid, T. (2020). Variability in onshore sediment transport on a natural beach during a Central American cold surge event. Journal of Coastal Research, 36/3: 487-497.
- *Almarshed, B., Figlus, J., Miller, J., and Verhagen, H. J. (2020). Innovative coastal risk reduction through hybrid design: combining sand cover and structural defenses. Journal of Coastal Research, 36/1:174-188.
- Smallegan, S. M., Figlus, J., Stark, N., Sasanakul, I., Monslave, L. G. A., Shafii, I., Jafari, N., Ravichandran, N., and Bassal, P. (2020). Post-2017 hurricane season assessment of civil infrastructure impacts on beach and near-beach environments. International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, 5/4: 47-61.
- Stark, N., Smallegan, S., Jafari, N., Shafii, I., Figlus, J., and Bassal, P. (2020). Scour at the seawall in Surfside, Texas, during Hurricane Harvey (2017). International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories, 5/4: 62-76.
- Feagin, R. A., *Furman, M., Salgado, K., Martinez, M. L., *Innocenti, R. A., Eubanks, K., Figlus, J., *Huff, T. P., *Sigren, J., and Silva, R. (2019). The role of beach and sand dune vegetation in mediating wave run up erosion. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 219: 97-106.
- Figlus, J., *Song, Y.-K., *Chardon-Maldonado, P., and Puleo, J. A. (2018). Numerical simulation of post-storm recovery and time-averaged swash velocity on an engineered beach with ridge-runnel system. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 28/2: 143-153.
- *Sigren, J. M., Figlus, J., Highfield, W., Feagin, R. A., and Armitage, A. R. (2018). The effects of coastal dune volume and vegetation on storm-induced property damage: A hurricane Ike case study. Journal of Coastal Research, 34/1: 164-173.
- Torres-Freyermuth, A., Puleo, J. A., DiCosmo, N., Allende-Arandía, M. E., Chardón-Maldonado, P., López, J., Figueroa-Espinoza, B., de Alegria-Arzaburu, A. R., Figlus, J., Roberts Briggs, T. M., de la Roza, J., and Candela, J. (2017). Nearshore circulation on a sea breeze dominated beach during intense wind events. Continental Shelf Research, 151/C: 40-52
- Pieterse, A., Puleo, J. A., McKenna, T. E., and Figlus, J. (2017). In situ measurements of shear stress, erosion and deposition in man-made tidal channels within a tidal saltmarsh. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 192: 29–41.
- *Harter, C. and Figlus, J. (2017). Numerical modeling of the morphodynamic response of a low-lying barrier island beach and foredune system inundated during Hurricane Ike using XBeach and CSHORE. Coastal Engineering, 120: 64–74.
- Pampell-Manis, A., Horrillo, J., and Figlus, J. (2016). Estimating tsunami inundation from hurricane storm surge predictions along the U.S. gulf coast. Ocean Dynamics, 66/8: 1005-1024.
- Feagin, R. A., Figlus, J., Zinnert, J. C., *Sigren, J., Martinez, M. L., Silva, R., … Carter, G. (2015). Going with the flow or against the grain? The promise of vegetation for protecting beaches, dunes, and barrier islands from erosion. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 13/4: 203–210.
- *Sigren, J., Figlus, J., and Armitage, A. R. (2014). Coastal sand dunes and dune vegetation: restoration, erosion, and storm protection. Shore & Beach, 82/4: 5–12.
- Ma, G., Kirby, J. T., Su, S.-F., Figlus, J., and Shi, F. (2013). Numerical study of turbulence and wave damping induced by vegetation canopies. Coastal Engineering, 80: 68–78.
- Figlus, J., Kobayashi, N., and Gralher, C. (2012). Onshore migration of emerged ridge and ponded runnel. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 138/5: 331–338.
- Figlus, J., Kobayashi, N., Gralher, C., and Iranzo, V. (2011). Wave overtopping and overwash of dunes. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 137/1: 26–33.
- Kobayashi, N., Hicks, B. S., and Figlus, J. (2011). Evolution of gravel beach profiles. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 137/5: 258–262.
- Figlus, J. and Kobayashi, N. (2008). Inverse estimation of sand transport rates on nourished Delaware beaches. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 134/4: 218–225.
- Peirson, W. L., Figlus, J., Pells, S. E., & Cox, R. J. (2008). Placed rock as protection against erosion by flow down steep slopes. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 134/9: 1370–1375.
(* denotes supervised student or post-doc)